I love free stuff.
Even if it’s not quite free.
Ulta currently has a promotion going on: if you buy $20 worth or more of Ulta brand cosmetics, you get a free bag with $88 worth of cosmetics. I dunno how accurate they were with the $88 value statement, but I’m quite satisfied with the contents.
The contents of the bag are (according to the Ulta Beauty website):
- Choice of Lilac or Mint cosmetics bag
- Full size Voluptuous Volume Mascara in Jet black (0.25 oz)
- Full size Weightless Lipstick in Mauve Me (0.13oz)
- 6 pan eyeshadow palette (Full Moon, Romance, Brownie, Moonbeam, Bayou, Give Me Gold)
- Travel size Flawless Primer (.35 oz)
- Travel size Makeup Remover pads (15 count)
- Travel size Mini Matte Lip Cream in Allusive (0.16 oz)
- Travel size Dual Ended Eyeliner in Black Brown/Halo (0.035 oz)
- Travel size Brow Pencil in Warm Brown
- Travel size Nail Polish in Lilac-ing You (0.22 oz)
- Travel size Apricot Blush/Yellow Diamond Highlighter (0.17oz)
- Travel size Small Eyeshadow Brush
- Travel size Large Eyeshadow Brush
- Travel size Blush Brush
The palette was surprisingly really good, and I look forward to trying the different shades out. It’s hard to tell in the pictures because my lighting wasn’t the best, but Moonbeam and Bayou are way more blue – REALLY blue. You can get a better idea of Moonbeam and Bayou here. All you need to know is that they are BEAUTIFUL shades and I’m dying to try them out.
My favourites from the bag were definitely the lip products. I’ve really been into lipstick and liquid lipstick, and this bag had both. I haven’t opened the lipstick, but Mauve Me looks gorgeous in the website and although I haven’t really heard much of Ulta’s liquid lipsticks (or matte lip creams) since I only own one liquid lipstick, I was more than happy to find that the Matte Lip Cream was in the set.
I’m going to try to test all of these out (I’m actually thinking of wearing the Matte Lip Cream tomorrow to class), and I might come back with a better review!
(Almost) Free stuff is amazeballs.
Also known as Hey June.