I have been nominated for my very first blogger award!! I am so incredibly excited and grateful for this! This is the sunshine blogger award and I was nominated by the lovely Kristen from XOXOKRISTONIAN and you should definitely check out her blog because it’s really really lovely and she is currently going through a couple of challenges through the month of June and I think it would be lovely of you to go show her your support! Thank you so much Kristen for the nomination!
For those who have been nominated, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate other bloggers, making sure to let each one know that they are nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
These are the questions from Kristen
- Favorite outdoor activity?
Although I am more of an inside person, I love hiking. I love being surrounded by nature and exploring through the trees. The first time I went hiking after starting university I went on a camping/hiking trip with my friends and I hated it because I trailed behind everyone and couldn’t keep up because I was so out of shape. This motivated me to work out much more intensely and the next time that we went camping I was one of the ones ahead in the group! This showed me that you can do whatever you want if you just try and that’s why I love hiking so much.
- Beach or Mountains?
Mountains, I am really weak when it comes to humidity. I enjoy pools though! lol
- Where do you find inspiration?
I think inspiration can be found anywhere, but lately I have been finding inspiration mostly from my two favourite YouTubers, Karen from IAMKARENO and Jenn from Clothesencounters. Both Karen and Jenn are Asian, and I relate to them a little more because I feel like I have had a lot of similar experiences as Karen and Jenn. And even if weren’t for that, both of them are gorgeous ladies that have a unique and beautiful sense of style and beauty so I love getting inspiration from them.
- Favorite Book?
It keeps changing, and I don’t think it’s fair to say that one single book is my favourite because I love so many of them. If I had to name three, I would say Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, and Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
I love Jane Eyre because Jane is a strong character that goes through many hardships but finds happiness through her own will. I have loved Eight Cousins since I first read it in primary school because Rose, the main character, is a flawed character but she is incredibly heroic, lovely, and kind to everyone. Everyone loves Rose, and I always wanted to be somebody’s Rose. And Alice in Wonderland is a favourite because it’s so whimsical and I love how it doesn’t make any sense at all.
- Favorite place you have lived (or visited if you have only lived in one place)?
I would have to say the favourite place I’ve lived in so far is the US because in the other countries I lived in, I felt like I was trapped in the personas that other people perceived me as (good daughter, obedient relative, smart kid, that Asian girl), but once I moved to the US, I was free to be whoever I wanted and that was the person that people would meet. I also started this blog in the US and I feel like I started the journey to understand myself in the US, so it’s really significant to me.
- Favorite thing to do for exercise?
I love trying to memorize the dance routine to a kpop song because if I like the song, I won’t get tired of it. I also like weight lifting because if I have a good lifting day, I get that great delicious sore feeling you get after a good workout on the next day. I also love yoga because it’s just really fun to stretch in different ways and it’s really relaxing to not think about anything else besides holding a certain position.
I really love exercise because I’ve been trying out a lot more since I started actually becoming serious about the whole fitness thing, and it’s really hard to choose one.
- Favorite 90’s throwback?(Sorry I’ve been on a 90s kick lately)
I love shows that you can just sit down at the end of a long day and watch without having to think too much, and my boyfriend and I watched a couple seasons together and it sometimes makes me wonder if my group of friends will eventually last as long as they do. I hope so!
- Favorite artist && your favorite work?
My favourite artist is Klimt, especially during his Golden Phase. I have a print of The Kiss and The Tree of Life on the wall of my room. I know it’s cliche, but The Kiss is my favourite piece from him.
- Favorite lipstick that makes you feel fabulous && kick ass!?
This is actually a lip stain, not a lipstick, but I have been using the Tony Moly Tony Tint Lip Stain in #1 Cherry Pink for YEARS. The first time I purchased it was around seventh grade and I never really looked back.
- Favorite color?
MINT! MINT MINT MINT!
- What is one thing you love about yourself?
Ugh… This is hard. Well…physical wise, I love my hair. It’s very long, black, shiny, manageable…since I had a lot of friends with curly hair that always talked how they loved my hair, it helped me realise how much I do love my hair. Inside wise, I love that I have a pretty open mind about most things. I think even the craziest of ideas deserve a chance so I try my best to not be too prejudiced.
And now I’d like to nominate these lovely ladies that are always a source of inspiration to me because they have amazing blogs:
- Kaylin from Shybeautyblogger (p.s. she recently just reached 1000 followers! Isn’t that amazing?)
- Ali from ARO
- Abbey from Littlebeautyblogxo
- Emily Rose from Emily Rose
- Being Graceful
The 11 questions I’d like to ask these lovely ladies are:
- What motivated you to start your blog?
- What was your first ever blog post about?
- Favourite eye shadow palette?
- Books vs. Movies?
- The lipstick you used the most so far during 2016?
- If you could describe yourself with a perfume/fragrance, what would it be?
- What’s the most expensive makeup product you own? What’s the cheapest?
- If you could meet one person throughout all of history, who would it be?
- If you could have a makeup product named after you, what would it be and in what shade?
- What’s the most interesting/unique makeup look you’ve done?
- What is your favourite word?
Looking forward to seeing these ladies’ post! Go follow them if you haven’t already.
Thank you Kristen so much again for the nomination! Go spread sunshine and smiles everyone!
Also known as Hey June.