Hello everybody! As you can tell, I was nominated for the Liebster Award, but first of all I have a funny-ish story to tell. Ever since starting my blog, I had been thinking that nobody really commented on my blog, but it turns out that the settings on my blog had been changed so that all the comments had to be approved before being posted!
After writing approximately 50 comments that were long overdue, I discovered that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Ashley from BeautyBooksAndBlogging. Thank you so much, Ashley!
These are the rules of the Liebster Award:
• Thank the blog(s) that nominated you on a post in your blog.
• Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
• Nominate 5-10 other new bloggers.
• Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
• Notify all nominees via social media.
Ashley’s questions for the nominees:
1. If you had to choose between eye makeup and lipstick/gloss what would you choose?
I would choose lipstick, because I feel like even if you’re missing eye makeup, if you have a good lip, you look a lot more put together. Also, as of late I’ve been in love with lots of lip products, liquid lipsticks holding the top of the list.
2. Favorite movie or tv show?
My favourite movie…ugh, I have so many! I really like the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, starring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger, and and most of Tim Burton’s movies (The Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas…so on). As for TV show, it’s probably House MD AND Friends. I was so happy and sad when House ended!
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would go to Atlantis, given that it exists. Of places that we know for use that exist, I would want to go to Germany.
4. If you were given a million dollars what would you do with it?
I would give my mum half, invest half of what’s left, and use the rest to pay my tuition. It’s kinda boring, but it’s such a huge and unrealistic sum of money, I wouldn’t know what to do even if given the money.
5. What did you dream to be as a kid when you grew older?
I had a lot of dreams, I wanted to be an artist, a pianist, and I at one point, a fashion designer.
6. Do you have a nickname if so what is it?
The first syllable of the word for Sunflower in Korean and the first syllable of my name sound similar, so my nickname used to be Sunflower. I’ve also been called Diane Chan. I don’t really have that many nicknames, for some reason I’m usually the one that gives nicknamed but I don’t get many nicknames myself.
7. If you could hang out with one celebrity for a day who would you choose?
I would want to hang out with Emma Watson because she’s not only beautiful but smart and I would love to spend a day with her.
8. Favorite color?
This was one of the questions for my Sunshine Blogger Award nomination too! MINT MINT MINT! I really love greenish, blueish mint. 🙂
9. Do you have a favorite book, if so what is it?
I have three favourite books, and they’re Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, and Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I wrote about this more in depth on my other post, the Sunshine Blogger Award.
10. What’s your favorite part about blogging and why?
My favourite part about blogging is that I feel more motivated to try out makeup looks that I would have tried had I not started this blog, and that I have a place to share the many photographs I’m always taking besides Facebook and Instagram.
And now, I’m going to nominate:
- The lovely Alice from MyCheeseCake
- The wonderful Zovesta from Glamour Vortex
- The brilliant Alicia from Hello Beautiful Life
- The gorgeous Brooke from BeautufyBrooke
- The beautiful Amanda from Owl You Need is Luv
My questions for these lovely ladies are:
- What is your go-to lip shade?
- What is the one skincare product that has changed your life?
- Have you ever used a product for something that wasn’t its original purpose and loved it? (ex. blush as eyeshadow)
- This is not really a question, but link your favourite blog post so far! Why is it your favourite?
- What brand do you have the most products from?
- What brand have you decided to never use?
- What’s the most expensive product you own? What’s the cheapest?
- What part of your makeup do you enjoy doing the most? (ex. lipstick? eyebrows? contour?)
- Who is your favourite beauty blogger (or vlogger)?
- What motivated you to start your blog?
Again, thank you so much to Ashley for the nomination!
Also known as Hey June.